Frequently Asked Questions (DJ/MC)​

FAQ 3 Yellow Question Marks
Planning a birthday, wedding or corporate event can be challenging. Our friendly & professional team are here to help in any way we can. We hope you find the answers you’re looking for here. Should you still have any unanswered questions, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Our office hours are 10:AM – 7:PM, 7 days a week.

You've Got Questions...
We've Got Answers.

You've Got Questions... We've Got Answers.

We cover all areas within the Melbourne Metro, Mornington Peninsula and Yarra Valley areas.
As we are a mobile service, we also have done events throughout regional Victoria. These are the only times we will charge extra for travel. Depending on the distance, accommodation may also need to be provided.

On average it takes about an hour to bring the DJ equipment in and set it up. If access is difficult due to elevators, tight stairs, lack of nearby parking etc; then please inform us so that we can make sure that your DJ arrives early enough to move the equipment in and be set up and ready to play at the agreed time.

We will always present ourselves in smart appropriate dress code to suit the occasion.

With Armada, you can have as much or as little input as you wish when choosing music for your event / function. We suggest you choose from one of the three following options:

(Option 1) Choose all the songs online or from our extensive music request pages.
(Option 2) Choose 80% and leave the other 20% to your DJ’s expertise in working the dance floor.
(Option 3) Select the genres and styles as well as a few must-haves when filling in your booking sheet and let your experienced DJ handle the rest.

Choosing the music for your next event couldn’t be more convenient.
Simply head to our Online Music Request Pages on any PC, Smartphone or Tablet and instantly select from over 2000 hand-picked hits.

Of course! There’s no better way to make sure your guests are happy and on the dance floor than by playing their favourite songs. This is no problem at all provided that they are appropriate for the occasion and don’t clash too much with the music you’ve chosen or have asked “not” to be played.
If you plan to choose all the music for the event, keep in mind that this gives the DJ less flexibility to play requests.

We don’t normally supply an actual playlist of the songs in the order they’ll be played. There is a lot of guesswork involved and it doesn’t always work for the best on the night. A good DJ will play most of the night making decisions based on what’s happening in front of him/her. 
The rule of thumb for the dance brackets is to play the hits from the decades and genres you’ve chosen and get everyone dancing while including as many of the specific songs & artists that you’ve requested.

Yes, we have public liability insurance to the value of AU$30,000,000. Certificate of Currency available upon request. Also, all of our equipment is well maintained and PAT tested yearly.

As Vanilla Ice once said… “Anything less than the best is a felony”. We use top of the range sound and lighting. For more info, please take a look at our Equipment Page.

The space requirement for our standard setup is 1.75 x 1.2 meters.

Should you be adding our 70 & 80’s Disco Lighting Package to your event, then we need a minimum of 2.4 x 1.2 meters.

If space is limited, we can tailor a setup to suit your needs.

Every event is different, so please contact us to discuss your individual needs. You can either fill in our obligation-free online quotation form and we will reply either by email or phone. Or call us for an instant price over the phone. We accept calls from 10:AM – 7:PM, 7 days a week.
All enquiries are obligation-free

A booking fee of $200~$250 is required to secure your DJ booking with us. You can pay your booking fee via Direct Debit or Cash. Payment of the remaining balance is required at or shortly after the agreed start time on the night.
Note: For photo booth enquiries, please refer to our F.A.Q section on our Photobooth Page.

Booking your event/function is easy. All is explained on our Bookings Page.

Overtime is charged at $75 to $100 per hour or part thereof and is payable in advance. This does not include the additional cost of room hire for the venue. Please keep in mind that venues have liquor and entertainment licences to adhere to. It is recommended that you check with the venue in advance if you think there is a chance that the party will continue past the agreed time.

Not really sure about that… Ask us anything about our services and we’ll have the answer though. 🙂